Endometriosis is a painful disorder in women that can finally lead to infertility. It mostly affects your ovaries, fallopian tube, and uterus lining. In this condition tissues that are aligned inside the uterus (endometrium) also start growing outside the uterus.
The endometrium (lining inside the uterus) responds to the sex hormones and starts thickening. It breaks down with each menstrual cycle and bleeds. But with endometriosis, tissues outside the uterus lining also start responding to the sex hormones and thickens but it does not break down during periods, and blood is trapped inside the uterus and creates a cyst.
Signs of Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a painful condition that can be identified using the following symptoms.
- Pain during Periods: Crams and extreme pelvic pain during or before the menstrual cycle is the most common symptom of endometriosis. One can also observe pain in the lower back and thigh in this condition.
- Pain during sex: For the woman, who is suffering from endometriosis, intercourse can be painful.
- Pain during urination: A woman with is a condition can experience pain with bowel movement during menses.
- Reduced Fertility: Low sex drives and not conceiving is also a symptom of this disorder.
- Other Signs: Fatigue, constipation, and diarrhea during periods.
Diagnosis of Endometriosis
The first stage of diagnosis comprises the medical history of the patient and family history of such condition. Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour, can help you in the diagnosis and treatment.
The other tests that can confirm this illness are listed below.Laparoscopy of pelvic
- Ultrasound of pelvic area
- Blood test
Extremity of Endometriosis
Endometriosis can cause the following complications.
Almost one-third of the women having endometriosis face difficulty in conceiving. Endometriosis condition restricts the blood release during the periods. Thus, the period blood may flow backward, inside the fallopian tube or pelvic gaps. This blood may create a cyst or obstacle in the fallopian tube. For conception, a matured egg must be fertilized by the sperm in the fallopian tube. But any obstacle in the tube restricts eggs to reach the fallopian tube, thus fertilization cannot take place.
Since disorder causes a cyst to create in the ovaries, that may lead to cancer in the future. Although, in mild endometriosis, this situation is rare. Women having difficulties with endometriosis may also at risk of Adenocarcinoma – a type of cancer that occurs in the mucus-producing glandular cells of the human body.
Treatment of Endometriosis
The treatment of endometriosis depends on the severity of the issue. In most cases of mild endometriosis, anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen can help to treat the condition. For the treatment of endometriosis, contact SCI IVF Hospital – the best infertility clinic in Delhi NCR.
- Hormonal Therapy: In endometriosis, cells growing outside the uterus respond to the hormones like estrogen and progesterone during the periods. Thus, hormonal therapies such as progestins and GnRH (gonadotrophin-releasing hormone) agonists are used to curb this issue.
- Surgical Method: Surgery is used to remove the outside lining formation of the uterus. Laparoscopic surgery, Laparotomy, Bowel surgery, and Hysterectomy are the surgeries that can be performed.