The ovarian reserve of a woman decreases with the increase in age. A woman generally owns around 1.5-2 million eggs by birth. By the time puberty hits, only around 4 Lakh eggs remain. In every menstruation, a woman loses 1000 immature eggs. Gradually the egg reserve decreases and reaches menopause around age 45-50. The age of menopause depends on the rate of egg depletion. If the rate of eggs loss is high, early menopause can strike.
Nowadays, many women face the problem of poor ovarian reserve and early menopause. The reason could be a genetic, stressful lifestyle, imbalanced diet, or consumption of toxic substances. Ovarian Rejuvenation is a new therapy that is used with the ART process such as IVF. It helps to revive the ovaries for the egg maturation process. It is imparting a new hope to the women, who are suffering from early menopause.
Dr. Shivani Sachdev Guar – the best IVF doctor in Delhi explains the following therapies that can be used based on the reason for early menopause.
- Anti-oxidant Therapy
If the problem of early menopause arises due to lifestyle factors, anti-oxidant therapy is used. Consumption of toxic substances or pollutants and stress for a long time generate free oxygen radicals in the body. These free oxygen radicals can be balanced by the anti-oxidants.
- De-Hydro Epiandrosterone Sulphate (DHEA): Generally, DHEA is formed in the adrenal glands and helps in releasing other hormones such as testosterone and estrogen. In the case of early menopause, DHEA supplements are given that triggers ovaries to produce eggs.
- Melatonin: This hormone is responsible to inform our brain about sleeping time once it’s dark outside. It helps in releasing stress, thus produce better quality eggs.
- Folic Acid: This compound has a very important role in maintaining reproductive health. Folic acid helps in DNA formation, cell division and prevents any tube damage.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C nullifies the effect of pollutants and toxin chemicals. It protects DNA from any damage.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an essential substance for reproduction. It improves cellular (egg and sperm) healthiness. It improves insulin functionality, thus eliminates any risk that arises due to diabetes.
- Platelets Rich Plasma (PRP)
If early menopause occurs due to genetic reasons, PRP is used as a therapy. PRP involves a specially formed blood sample having an ample number of platelets. Platelets have the property of natural healing. But in PRP, the proportion of natural curing property and regenerative quality is very high. The granules containing in the platelets develop cells immediately and heals the injury of ovaries. PRP is created by putting the blood sample under a high centrifugal force and separating all components, Plasma, RBC, WBC, and platelets, from it. This extracted plasma is the PRP and having highly rejuvenation power.
- Stem Cells
Stem cells are native immature cells, so they can be transferred into other cells. However, the formation of each type of cell is not possible through it. Stomach cells contain Mesenchymal, having regenerative properties. These cells are removed, processed, and injected again into the ovaries either by the transvaginal way or the laparoscopy.
For more updates on infertility treatment, contact SCI IVF Hospital – the best infertility clinic in Delhi NCR.