Infertility is defined as incompetency to become pregnant due to some reasons. Fertility treatments totally depend on the severity of factors that cause infertility, duration of infertility, and age of the patient. SCI IVF HOSPITAL has the best female fertility doctor in Delhi who specialized in various fertility treatments.
Infertility treatment can be divided into the following categories based on infertility reasons.
- Patient Care
Patient care involves keeping acute monitoring of the patient. Sometimes, infertility does not relate to any physical problem but the negligence of health and self-care. The following methods fall under patient care.
- Timed Intercourse: It is known that there are some days of the period cycle that are considered most fertile. The Timed Intercourse method involves tracking and monitoring those days. If most fertile days are not clearly tracked due to irregular periods or no periods at all, the fertile window is regulated using some medication prescribed by medical experts. These medicines help in regular period cycles, ovulation, and finally leads to natural conceiving.
- Fertility Counselling: If the patient is scared of becoming pregnant due to some psychological reasons or stress, medical therapy is given by fertility experts.
The medication method involves some fertility drugs that are given based on the hormonal deficiency in the patient’s body. These medicines are either injected or given for oral consumption and help in regulating sexual hormones. It helps in stimulating ovulation (mature egg production) in females.
- Surgical Process
The surgical process is used when a female patient suffers from any physical problems or any sexual organ damage that is causing infertility.
- Surgery of Fallopian Tube: If the patient suffers from fallopian tube blockage or damage, surgery is required to cure it. In the surgery, cyst or damaged tissues is removed from the fallopian tube to open up the path of eggs to pass.
- Endometriosis Surgery: In endometriosis disorder, A tissue aligning with the uterus grows outside the uterus. This tissue can present on the fallopian tubes, ovaries, and intestines. By removing these unwanted tissues, the opening for the flow of eggs becomes easier.
- Fibroids Surgery: Fibroid is defined as abnormal growths of tissues inside a woman’s uterus. For the removal of such submucous tissues, surgery is needed. Laparoscopy surgery can be recommended in this case.
- Assisted Conception
Assisted Conception is a medical intervention to conceive artificially.
- IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination): This process is also known as artificial insemination. In this process, first sperms are collected from male semen, and then directed and inserted into the woman’s uterus so that it can be nearer to eggs for fertilization.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
ART comprises of all fertility treatments, where eggs or embryos are handled outside the body, basically in the labs. The following are ART treatments used based on the reason to be treated.
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization): It literally means fertilization in a tube. In this process, eggs are fertilized with the sperm outside the body, in a medical lab. A fertilized egg, also called embryos, is then transferred to a women’s womb to develop. Eggs or sperm can also be received from a donor if either of the partners is unable to produce. An experienced team of doctors in SCI IVF HOSPITAL provides the best IVF treatment in Delhi.
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection): This process is a subdivision of IVF but focused on male factor infertility. In this process, a specific sperm is injected directly into a mature egg outside the body.